Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The trouble with leaves...

I did not grow up with a house that had a leaf problem.  I have no idea what kind of massive trees were in our yard, but those leaves did not fall!  When we bought our house, we knew that leaves were going to be a problem, but holy-moly it's ridiculous!  We knew we had to invest in a leaf blower, but that had not been on the top of the priority list.  It jumped to the top when the leaves were piling up on the front porch and you had to kick them around to get down the stairs. 

On Sunday, Ben bought a leaf blower and decided to test it out.  His first comment "it's so bad, I don't even know where to start."  My blunt response was "well, a clear path from the door to my car would be nice." 

He cleared off the driveway and the street in front of our house.  The leaves in the yard itself are out of control so he tried working on them.  I walked outside and just laughed because we officially have a "speed bump" of leaves around the edge of our yard.  Baby steps....

No comments:

Post a Comment