Monday, February 6, 2012

Survival mode...

My friend Jessica tweeted me today and said I was in "survival mode". That is the perfect way to describe my little homeless self right now! Yes, I'm in survival mode right now, but it will all be worth it!

Yesterday Ben and I went to early church followed by our daily trip to Home Depot. I had an "ah-ha" moment while leaving Home Depot. The HD is the Chick-fil-A of customer service for home improvement stores. We are both kind of obsessed with Home Depot. I mean, I've been in there more than I've been in Macy's, Ann Taylor Loft, and Target!!!

The floor guys re-sanded the floors and put down the new stain color and it looks FANTASTIC!! We are super excited! We peeked in the door today to see how they were coming along and we are so glad we decided to change the color. One more coat of poly (something) tomorrow and they will be done!!

Yesterday before the Super Bowl, we were able to paint our laundry room since it's in the basement and we don't have to walk on the hardwood floors. We currently only have 2 walls that can be painted because the other 2 are still "under construction". That will be another project Ben will need to finish at some point :)

In wedding news....our wedding gifts are shipped to my office since we were in transition for awhile. Today was like a day full of goodies arriving!! While opening the presents, I discovered that there really are a few people who read the blog and it made me so happy!! My friend Jill and her husband Matt who live in Boston wrote a little note with our gift saying the blog inspired them to get us stuff to finish off our new bathroom!! LOVE IT!! They got us our cute master bathroom accessories!! So thoughtful!!

On a completely different note, my mamaw had a stroke today and is in the hospital. Please pray for strength and healing as she gets through this hurdle. She is going to need therapy, but with time, things should strengthen. For those that live very far away from family, you know that feeling you get when something happens to your family and you are so far away and you can't do anything...well, I was definitely having that feeling today.

*Sorry for no photo updates of the house. Will hopefully be able to get some tomorrow of the finished floors!

No comments:

Post a Comment