Friday, February 10, 2012

Where's Mom When You Need Her?

Last night, Ben and I had great plans to get the 2 guest room walls and trim painted. That was the plan....



Yesterday, while we were at work, our bathrooms were painted, so we were excited to get the lights and mirrors up and have real working bathrooms. Unfortunately, the wrong kind of paint was used, therefore they will hopefully be back to paint next week. Until then, I guess I can use my hand mirror :(


After work and before we started painting, Ben had some items to get done before the renovation loan inspector comes today, so he was busy all over the house. Our contractor, Joe, came and helped get all the inspection stuff completed. I started painting one of the guest rooms. After many hours, and a brief chocolate break, we got the paint on ONE room wall, but not the trim. That will be tonight's project.


While Ben was doing some of the "detail" painting work, I decided that the bathrooms needed scrubbing if either of us were going to use them. We can only use the shower/tub in the guest right now because the glass will not be in until next week for the master shower. I tackled the shower/tub and then there were the toilets...


The toilets were new when we bought the house, but they had been sitting outside for 4 1/2 weeks and I'm sure have been used by a contractor or two, so they were disgusting!!! In the middle I shouted "where is my momma"?? She always makes sure that wherever I move, it is clean - especially the bathroom!! I disinfected both toilets twice!! It was no joke cleaning going on!!


Today, Ben and I both feel like we've been hit by mack trucks as we are running off of little sleep. I don't know about Ben, but my body is aching and we only painted ONE room! Six rooms, a foyer, and hallway is still left to tackle. WOW!! We are on a mission to get it all done over the weekend. I also want to have all of our stuff out of the basement so we can start organizing - or at least have my mom help organize when her and dad get in on Wednesday.



1 comment:

  1. Girl.....painting is definitely a task! Thanks for your sweet words for my step mom:).

    ReplyDelete