Thursday, February 2, 2012

We can see a light...

...at the end of a very long tunnel.




I was in Charlotte this week working and I got to stay with my friends Jennie and Les. It is always a great time when I'm with them and I hope they feel the same way because I'll be in Charlotte alot over the next few months.


Ben and I had planned on picking up our furniture that we ordered a month ago on Wednesday evening when I returned. Like everytime we have tried to move something over the past few weeks, it was pouring rain, so we had to change our pick-up day to Saturday.


When I returned, I met Ben at our house and was so excited to see all the progress!! So much has happened over the past few days! Our bathrooms are starting to look more and more complete, which is exciting since those where the 2 major projects in the house!


The back door to our house was this old 1960 sliding glass door that if you jiggled it just right, it could easily be opened. Ben suggested putting in French Doors and even though they are not completely done, you can see how AWESOME they look! The sides are boarded up with wood because they are inserting glass panels into the side.


In the photo, you can also see that the hard wood floors are being sanded down! The room in the picture was the only room without hard wood floors so those are new, but they are sanding them as well as the remainder of the house so it can be stained a walnut color. We are not allowed in the house for a day, but last night, Ben and I snuck back to the house to see what "Coat 1" looked like and from looking from the outside in, it looks GREAT!


On Tuesday, all of our appliances arrived! WOOHOO!! The only appliance that was even in the house was probably the first dishwasher ever invented! All of the kitchen appliances are just hanging out in the kitchen right now and we believe will be able to go into their little "spots" next week.


They were sanding down the floors while I was taking these photos, that's why there are little things flying all through the air!


Our laundry room is downstairs in the basement area and it was not a room when we bought the house, but Ben framed out a portion that was "designated" the laundry area. This room definitely has lots of work still left to do, but we did get our washer & dryer as well as the tile guys put down the tile. Ben is still trying to figure out what we need to do to cover up all that messy/gross stuff. I told him that if it looks scary, then he'll just have to do the laundry ;)



In wedding/girlie news, we are almost 2 weeks away from the BIG day!! Stacy is going with me today to my "final detailing" with the reception venue. I then get to call my dad and tell him the damage. Oh the joys.... :)













No comments:

Post a Comment