Friday, June 8, 2012

Projects...

I think everyone's home will always have "projects", but we have been slowly getting projects accomplished so we can actually enjoy our home instead of doing "projects" all the time.  I've had these two projects in my brain and the supplies bought for a few weeks, but finally got around to finish them last night. 

I had a wall frame in my old apartment that had a cute girly print in it.  The print obviously didn't make it to our new house and I was going to give it to Goodwill, then a lightbulb went off....
I'll spray paint the glass with chalkboard paint and hang it near our kitchen and VOILA!  I asked Ben to hang it and when I went to see it he had written a sweet message :) 

We have one large blank wall in our dining/fireplace area.  We want a wine tower type piece against the wall, but that will come when the money tree regrows, but the wall still needed something on the other half so it wasn't so bare.  I saw a litte project on Pinterest about buying wooden plaques from Hobby Lobby for a $1 (they were not a $1 when I looked for them) and Mod Podge pictures on them.  I found the right size of plaque boards at Michaels, painted them with left over paint from the house, had Ben put hanging brackets on the back, and then I Mod Podged a few wedding pics to them.  They look cute and fill a section of the large wall, which is what I wanted.  We've laughed because there are literally "Courtney & Ben pictures" all over our house.  It's pretty hilarious, but we paid good money for those things!!

1 comment: