Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Big Easy

So those that are reading this probably know that I'm from Louisiana but NOT from south Louisiana!  There is a HUGE difference.  The north is more "Duck Dynasty", Baptist & Methodist and the south is more Mardi Gras, "Swamp People", and Catholic.  See the difference?? 

There is one thing that we all agree on and that is the food!  I LOVE cajun food!  We might make it a little "cleaner" in north Louisiana, but it's still all scrumptious! 

This weekend, we were sitting around thinking what we wanted to eat.  I was in a funk and needed something to get out of it, so I thought....CAJUN food!  Living in Atlanta, there are slim-pickins for real Louisiana food.  There is this one place about an hour away that is very authentic and YUMMY, but we didn't want to drive an hour.  I googled and found a place about 15 minutes away from us. 

I got my "cajun" fix in, but it wasn't that great.  Basically, it was a bar with some Louisiana-style cooking.  The popcorn crawfish were pretty tasty that we had for appetizers so we were both excited for our entree.  My po-boy was ok but I got it with cajun fries and they came out with fries and like 2 grains of seasoning.  I have learned that people in these parts do not know what "Tony's" is when you ask for it, so I've started asking for cajun seasoning, BUT, if I'm at a "Louisiana restaurant" they should know what Tony's is.....  When I asked for it, I got a blank stare..... 

All in all, the food was ok.  Ben's Lagniappe didn't sit very well with him, so needless to say, that will be our last time at The Big Easy Grille in Atlanta.  Now to continue to search....

2 comments:

  1. I love your explanation of southern vs northern la! I am so gonna use that. I can't believe the la restaurant didn't know about Tonys! Hello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have to admit that I had a recipe that called for Creole Seasoning and I had no idea what it was and said "I'm just going to use Tony's". Obviously, the same thing!

      Delete