Monday, July 9, 2012

Peachtree Road Race

I know this post is a bit late, but I'll explain why below....

Before the wedding, Ben and I were doing P90X.  I knew this would come to an end after the wedding was done, so I wanted to do something together that would help keep us fit.  I am NOT a runner, I repeat, I am NOT a runner!!  Somehow, I decided that I wanted to do the Peachtree Road Race (10K) with Ben this year.  In March, we got our acceptance into the race through the lottery process and then a few weeks later, I started training. 
Ben definitely helped me because I would have QUIT if I would not have had accountability!  Those last few weeks (end of June) were HOT!! I ran 6 miles twice before the race so I knew I was good to go, but I was still scared about coming in last place - of the 60,000 people that ran....
Long story short, we were in the last group of 60,000 racers on July 4.  I was nervous and excited....
We made it and I didn't come in last place.

My overview of the Peachtree Road Race is it's a fun and festive race that you must do once if you live in Atlanta because it's a staple.  If you are an avid runner and just going out for a morning stroll to enjoy the surroundings, then this is awesome!  Since we were in the last group, pretty much 75% of the people were walkers and there was no "etiquette" of moving so people could run, so we struggled with keeping a pace.  There was literally one time when Ben and I were the only ones running and trying to navigate between the thousands of walkers.  If we would have been in an earlier group, I know it would have been easier, but it was definitely a struggle. 

I ran, I conquered, and now I'm done!  Ben might do it again next year, but I am hanging up my running shoes and going back to P90X or something similar! 

As for why the post is so late....
I was waiting for the photos that we took throughout the race to get posted.  They were finally posted and 1 digital photo cost $29!!  I am NOT paying $29 for 1 digital photo!!  That's just absurd!!

No comments:

Post a Comment