Monday, July 2, 2012

It's a Party in the USA!

Miley Cyrus' song "It's a Party in the USA" never gets old!  Perhaps in 20 years it will be the new Lee Greenwood's "I'm Proud to Be an American"??  Probably not, but let's be honest, I LOVE them both!!

On Saturday night, Ben and I threw our first party at the new casa!  I definitely went overboard by doing all the cooking and decorating, but whoever called me practical??  We had burgers, dips, pasta salad, and a dessert bar - many things were "Pinterest inspired".  We had over 40 people in the 101 degree weather, but with our friends, there is never a dull moment.  Lots of laughs and fun were had by all!  Enjoy a little glimpse "pre-guest arrival".





My new favorite cooking tool - decorative icing kit.  Super quick & easy!  The tall cake toppers were downloaded free from an online store and then I glued them together.



 These balls were not Ben's friend!  They kept falling throughout the day, BUT one never fell during the party!

With a ladder, a rock tied onto fishing line, Ben got creative in hanging these balls from the tree over the patio.

We tried to re-create Miami Vice drinks that we had on our honeymoon because they were red, white, and blue.  Unfortunately, when they are not delivered by your butlers Jashayne & Orlando, they are just not as good :(  

No comments:

Post a Comment