Monday, August 27, 2012

30 is really happening....

My Big 3-0 is coming up in 1 week.  Since my birthday is on Labor Day this year, Ben planned me a little celebration on Saturday.  When Ben mentioned planning something like this, I told him SMALL and not fancy!!  I have had my big party of the year (aka - wedding) and didn't need another.  All I knew was there a a celebration on Saturday and I needed to be ready at 6:30.  I obviously bought a new dress but it was difficult since I did not know where we were going. 

The 30th birthday celebration was held at Front Page News in the Little Five Points area.  It's very "Louisiana themed" and they serve everything from Abita beer to jambalaya egg rolls, to amazing bread pudding!  About 20 fabulous friends came to socialize and have a good time. 

My friend Sarah Cook helped Ben with the location and my friend Sarah Durling had the area all "jazzed up" in Mardi Gras flair.  The best part was Ben ordered a King Cake from New Orleans for my actual birthday cake!  It was DELICIOUS!!! 

Thanks to everyone for helping me ease into my 30s with friends, good food, and lots of laughs! 

4 comments:

  1. Fun times! No jester outfit?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy hilarious!!! Did they ever sale those things? If there is still one, I'd love one just for giggles!!

      Delete
  2. I still have my jester outfit. You can borrow anytime! Georgia plays dress up with it....future SK has to practice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am jealous that you have yours :) Also, add my new email to your blog!! I need updates!!

      Delete