Monday, May 14, 2012

God Bless the USA

Our weekend started off on Friday night celebrating my co-worker Maria.  She became a US Citizen so we toasted her with margaritas and tacos :)  I know, it's not your typical American food, but who can really say no to margaritas and tacos?  Prior to arriving, I did sing Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" twice to Ben and I think he was genuinely afraid that I was going to sing it at the restaurant, but I refrained ;)

On Saturday evening we celebrated my dear friend Kandy and her fiance Adam at their couples shower.  It was so fun seeing Kandy's family.  Looking forward to standing by her side in her upcoming wedding! 

Prior to the shower, we had an impromptu cleaning out of the flower beds.  When we bought the house, it was covered in leaves.  We don't currently have a leaf blower (will be our next big purchase), but the leaves were so tangled up in random spots in the flower beds that I had to get in there and dig.  Yes, manual labor!  Our goal was to fill it with straw or something on Sunday, but it was a very rainy Sunday. 

Sunday ended up being a "Lazy Sunday" for the Worleys, but as Ben said, it really wasn't that lazy.  We served at the 9 a.m. church service, picked up the house a little bit, and grocery shopped.  Oh, and of course, called and wished our mom's a Happy Mother's Day.  I did get a little emotional after getting off the phone with my mom because sometimes it stinks being the only one far away!  Ben said I was really emotional because they were eating at my favorite restaurant, the Waterfront Grill, and I couldn't have any Shrimp Rahkee!  Other than that, it was fun just being in our lil bubble, even if it were only for a little while. 

2 comments:

  1. I love Ben's comment about the Waterfront Grill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a little obsessed with their shrimp rahkee!!It's a must everytime I go home.

      Delete