Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Surprise Project

The past 10 days for me has been go, go, go.  I got back from a work trip on Wednesday and left on Friday for a bachlorette party weekend in Amelia Island, FL for my sweet friend Kandy.  I made the trip down with my other consultant friends Mary Ellen, and Jane Anne.  Even though the three of us were only there fore 36 hours, it was fun to catch up!  The bachlorette party night was "80s" themed.  Is it sad that all my clothes were found in my own closet? 

When I returned on Sunday evening, I was exhausted.  I got out of the car and was greeted by my handsome husband.  It took me a minute to realize the surprise that was right in front of me!!  Ben had installed outdoor lighting by the steps.  This was something we both really wanted and he did it while I was gone.  He also put down pinestraw in the "flower bed".  We haven't planted a thing and are just trying to figure out what to do next and what is already there.  I definitley want to add some color, but for now, I'm VERY excited about the lighting.  We still need to find a lantern light poll for the bottom of the flower bed to finish the outdoor lighting. 

Our house is definitely a home now, but there are lots of little touches that still need to be done to make it look "complete".  Our bedroom definitely needed something about the bed, but I wasn't sure what.  I found this cute vinyl on Etsy's for like $20.  It came in rather quickly and we were able to put it up yesterday.  I love it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment