Monday, May 7, 2012

The Year of the 30!

This weekend my fabulous friend Sarah had a very "posh" 30th birthday party at the Livingston Bar & Restaurant which is inside the Georgian Terrace.  Before the festivities began, I went with Sarah and her mom as well as our friend Betsy to get manis/pedis.  I heart girlie time!!  Betsy just got engaged so it was so much fun getting to hear "the story" and see her so excited!! 

Since the Livingston is already very "posh" (this is so my new word) with clean lines, there wasn't much decorating that we needed to do, but my friend Jessica and I wanted to make sure it was special for Sarah so we added vases full of white roses on all of the tables and created a fun "classy" chalkboard.  Now, the chalkboard was made from a painting that Ben had.  When we were packing his stuff up to move, I was picking my battles on what could go to the house and what to go to Goodwill.  He really liked this painting, but lets be honest, it was not that great.  I wanted to used the frame because it was so large, so I painted it with metallic paint and then painted the center with chalkboard paint and Voila!!  A super cute accent to decorate with at showers/parties. 

We had a great time celebrating the birthday girl!  The Year of the 30 is going to hit me soon, so I'm trying to get prepared!!!


My sweet friend Jessica!

 The hottie birthday girl, Sarah!  Her dress was like a present - ADORABLE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment