Monday, September 24, 2012

The Worley's meet the Wilderness

This past weekend, Ben and two of his friends decided to take their wives on a fancy getaway.....camping.  Even though I was not raised a city girl, I have never been camping - like in a tent camping.  I was NOT excited about this little adventure.  The main reason was the mosquitos!! 

Ben and I were suppose to set up camp earlier on Saturday but our plans changed during the day so we didn't get to the Chattahoochee National Forest (yes, the FOREST) until later on Saturday evening when it was almost dark.  We quickly set up camp and waited for our friends to arrive. 

The tunes were playing, hotdogs and sausages were roasting, and the smores were in abundance as we settled into our campsite.  The girls called it an early night, but the guys had a very late night catching up and just having a good time! 

All in all, my first camping experience wasn't terrible.  There WILL be an air mattress if there is ever a Round 2 camping trip.  I think I'll stick to my Marriott's and Hilton's, but if the hubby wants to hit the woods again, I will go with my air mattress and mosquito spray in tow!

Ben knew I was going to need a little treat before going camping, so we stopped by our favorite Apple House in Ellijay to get the best Apple Fritters!! 

 This was definitely not the Marriott...


 I stood there while he built this.  I was of no use!

Coffee was a necessity on Sunday morning, so we hit up a local spot for breakfast and a few cups of coffee!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are so brave! I've never been tent camping.

    ReplyDelete