Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Worley's Take Washington...

Ben and I got to take a long weekend to Washington, DC to be tourists as well as attend one of Ben's military friends wedding.  I have never been to DC so Ben was excited to show me all the "cool stuff".  For those that know me, you know that history is NOT my thing, but I was excited to go.  Ben on the other hand is a History fanatic so this was right up his alley. 

We toured the White House, visited many monuments, a few museums, as well as the Arlington Cemetary.  Ben was loaded and ready to tell me all about the history of each president and everything in between.  I did alot of smiling and nodding :)  He still amazes me with the knowledge that he retains.  I mean, my knowledge consists of what accessories are in style for the season!  The one thing I did learn is that you can NOT wear flats on concrete for 8 hours!  We had to hit up Nordstrom and buy me some Toms for Day 2! 

Below is a little snapshot of our trip.  Enjoy!




 Ben has worn this bracelet since 2001 when he was in the ROTC.  It has the name of a MIA soldier from the Vietnam War.  We found his name at the Vietnam Memorial.


Celebrating the Juhl's at their wedding outside of DC.

1 comment:

  1. I love DC! Your Ben & my Ben are so alike. ALL that history stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete