Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Getting crafty.....and legal!

Our home has three bedrooms.  The master bed, a large guest room and a smaller guest room.  Because of all the renovations and extra stuff we were already needing, we decided to just use the bedroom stuff that we both had in our old rooms for the two guest rooms.  We both had IKEA furniture, but it works :)  Ben didn't have curtains or pillows with his stuff, so I was able to really spice it up and we actually really like how that guest room turned out (the larger one).  Now for my stuff....I had everything, so when it came to choosing a paint color, it had to go with what I had.  I had curtains that were green, but didn't want to paint our walls white, so I chose a really light green.  Needless to say, it looks white.  Add the white comforter into the mix and that poor room just looks bland!!  We needed some color and neither of us want to spend alot of money on the room.  I was going to get rid of the cute "wall saying plaques" that I had that talked about shoes, etc., but Ben said to put them up so add color and so we didn't have to buy even more stuff.  We still needed some color above the bed and I remembered what my friend Jennie made above her bed and thought - I can do that!! 

 For less than $15, I created a masterpiece.  Well, maybe not a masterpiece, but it works.  I got three canvases, painted the edges a deep purple and then cut scrapbook paper to fit the top of the canvas, glued them on and VOILA!  Instant wall art.  Don't get me wrong, I would love something different, but if I am going to get something nice for that room, I'd rather re-do the whole room.  It works for now and adds some color. 

Now for getting legal....
A few weeks ago, I was finally able to get to the Social Security office to get my new name - Courtney Buffington Worley.  (Such a mouth full!)  Anyway, I've been able to change the necessary things - Macy's card, Delta Skymiles, Loft card, etc., but still needed to go to the dreaded DMV (which is apparently the DDS in GA).  Since the only way I can get a new company credit card is to have my new ID, I decided I better go.  This morning I headed to the DMV, took my Glamour shot, and now thanks to the state of GA, I have my folded paper ID (that does not work when trying to fly from island to island in Hawaii - I know from experience!).  I will have my new shiny ID in less than 30 days.  Let's be honest, I did go through many outfits to determine what to wear for my picture.  Who still does this?  As I told Ben, I'm 29, should I even care??  I opted for some fabulous earrings and just went with it! 

Now, all I need to do is update my passport and I think I am good to go!  A woman did NOT make the rules for name changing because there are way too many processes!  Once I update my passport, Ben better find me a place to go so I can use it!  This has been work ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment