Monday, April 30, 2012

A little culture...

Growing up, Ben's view and excitement of a vacation was going to Forts, yes, that's right, Forts.  I, on the other hand only viewed a vacation as going to an amusement park and riding really scary roller coasters.  As you can see, we both grew up experiencing different things and viewing "fun" differently. 

Last week, I get a text from Ben (long story short), he bought us tickets to see Les Miserables at The Fox Theatre.  Ben has apparently wanted to see this play (aka - musical is what I call it) for a long time.  His parents went to see it when he was younger and they had the sound track that he listened to, so apparently if I didn't "agree" to go, I would be crushing his childhood dreams.  My childhood dreams were to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader, but those dreams were crushed a long time ago, so I'll let Ben have his...

We got dressed up, went to dinner and then headed to The Fox.  The musical (play) was actually pretty good and we had great seats.  I did notice alot of teenagers and middle school age kids there and thought that was an expensive ticket to pay for these kids, but of course, Ben informed me he went once or twice as a child, but still, those tickets aren't cheap.  My "culture" growing up was going with my Gifted Teacher, Mrs. Knight, to the Little Theatre in Monroe and I think I turned out just fine!!!  Those tickets costs like $5 or $10.... 



Since we've been married, Ben and I have starting cooking alot more.  We like to try new recipes out.  Many things call for fresh herbs.  I know you can use the dried stuff, but sometimes it's just better with fresh herbs.  Even if you just need a little, you have to buy a whole bundle.  We've been talking about growing our own herbs for awhile and this weekend, we got to it!  We found the coolest 1/2 whiskey barrel that we bought from home depot, planted the herbs, and then "marked" them with colored craft sticks.  We have discovered that where we put the barrel doesn't get much sunlight, so we (aka, Ben) will be moving it across our back porch tonight.  This should be fun to watch!!
  
 
Our finished herb garden!

1 comment: