Friday, April 20, 2012

Take me back to Jamaica....

We got back from our honeymoon to Jamaica about 2 months ago.  For the past week or two, we have both been wanting to go back (or at least make plans to go somewhere else for a getaway).  While reading my new Cooking Light this past weekend, I came across a Jerk Chicken recipe.  It immediately took me back to sitting at beach bar/restaurant, under the trees, sipping on the cocktail of the day, and eating spicy french fries (Jerk Chicken was always on the menu and we got several times, but spicy french fries were a daily occurance!).
Last night, Ben fired up the grill and I put together the yummy jerk chicken recipe and the stuffed peppers.  Since I wasn't going to make a Jamaica Smile (Ben's favorite fruity cocktail in Jamaica) or a Miami Vice (my favorite fruity drink), we busted out the Red Strip Light.  First, we had no idea there was a "Light" version of Red Stripe and second, we had no idea until after we got back from Jamaica that they actually sold this version in the US. 
Even though we weren't sitting under the trees looking out at the ocean in Jamaica, our Jerk Chicken and Red Stripe Light was just as good as we watched Duck Dynasty on A&E ;)

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm. I've never had jerk chicken before, but I bet it's tasty. happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buff I am so impressed with all of the cooking you've been doing!

    ReplyDelete