Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ben the Builder

Who needs Bob the Builder when you have Ben the Builder? Ben worked on the house for 12 hours today! Yes, I didn't make a typo. It was 12 long hours in the cold. Apparently because the hot water tank isn't connected and I'm sure some other things, he can't turn the heat on, but I think that will be resolved tomorrow.

The plumber came today and changed out all of our cast iron pipes to PVC pipes. Apparently this is better because cast iron clogs easily. Well, with this hair that I got, we'll see how good these PVC pipes are. My apartment complex probably has a file on me with how many times
they have to unclog my shower!

The plumber was also able to add all the new plumbing underneath the new bathroom but before he could run the plumbing throughout the bathrooms, Ben had to finish framing up the guest bathroom and add a little framing to the new master bath. Here is the finished frame up of the new guest bath. We can actually start seeing a home inside this house!


I'm so grateful for Ben. He is working so hard to get the house ready for us to move in and be perfect for us. I love that man!!

*Disclaimer - There might be things that are going on during the renovation that I don't say correctly or get wrong. I'm no builder, just the clean-up girl who ask questions to figure out what is happening.

In the world of all things girlie, I had my final meeting with the floral designer for the wedding today. I went in with a typed out list of things I need, photos of things I like and don't like, and we finalized everything today. It's great knowing that I don't have to worry about things like flowers! One more thing checked off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment