Sunday, January 15, 2012

Showered with Blessings

On Friday, Ben and I headed to Louisiana for a bridal shower that was at my hometown church on Sunday. My mom's friends were so kind to put a lot of love into the shower. I have not lived in Sterlington since I graduated high school so I wasn't sure what to expect.
I was definitely overwhelmed! A lot of the sweet ladies from the church attended, all of my aunts, several of my cousins, both of my grandmothers, my mom's teacher friends, my college roommates - Joanna & Allison, my bridesmaid Kendal & her mother, my bridesmaid Jennifer's mom & sister, and many other family friends. My mom and sister in law (Matron of Honor) were by my side to help. I was so afraid I was going to flash someone when I was opening up presents!!!

I think I opened presents for 1 1/2 hours solid and when it was over and got in the car with my mom I asked her what just happened because I was in a bubble of haze! Blessed, blessed, blessed! As someone put it, "your mom has thrown so many showers at the church we could never fully repay her."

I definitely have to say a huge thank you to Ms. Penny Roberson. I had many hostesses for the shower, but Ms. Penny spearheaded the crew and made it so special for me.

There's one thing I know for sure, you can never forget where you came from and I was reminded of that once again this weekend.

Because the day was such a blur, I didn't get many pictures with people and I didn't even get one with all my hostesses. My cousin Kelly did play photographer and got some pictures for us. Below is a picture of some of the gifts laid out after I unwrapped, me, Joanna, and Allison, and some of the decorations.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a wonderful day. I bet you got some awesome stuff. also you looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete