Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Lots of Progress

Since Ben and I were in Louisiana all weekend, Ben asked the contractor to get the sheet rock up in all the areas. Ben and I got back from LA on Monday morning at 1:30 a.m., and headed to the house around noon to unload the gifts. Upon our arrival, we met Jose, the master "sheet rocker". He was a machine at putting up all of the sheet rock! It's so fun to see the transformation and the actual rooms coming to life!











Since I'm moving out of my place and and temporarily moving in with my friend Stacy, her husband Reid, and their cute little 2 year old, we decided to pile all of our new shower gifts up into the one room with a lock in the basement/garage area. The
upstairs is a construction zone, so we opted for the basement!

After we unloaded all the gifts, Ben had a few things to do "construction wise" with the main one being to finish framing out the pathway between the kitchen and what will be the study. I thought the pathway was going to be alot bigger, but the wall is a low baring wall AND because
of various other reasons, it worked out best to be this size. I told Ben, we just need to add sliding doors and it can be a drive thru window! I dare him to walk up and ask me for a cheeseburger ;)

Today, Ben worked on taking up all of the tile/slate that was in the hearth room. This room was the reason I was apprehensive on buying the house. The fireplace is in an awkward spot and it's so difficult to figure out
furniture placement. After Ben suggested that we take up the slate (like kitchen slate) and put down hardwoods, I was definitely more sold on the purchase. Granted, it's still not my favorite room
because of the layout, but the high beamed ceilings definitely make up for the awkwardness! The taking up process took Ben many hours and he's exhausted, but hopefully this is the last of really hard manual labor for awhile on the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment