Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Little Help from Family

Today, Ben's dad, Mr. Dan, came down from Ellijay to help with the house. Ellijay is located about 1 1/2 hours north of Atlanta in the North Georgia mountains. Ms. Geri, Ben's mom, wanted a picture of Mr. Dan actually working. I think Ben had to put the drill in his hand for the picture ;) We definitely appreciated the help!

Things are getting checked off the house "to-do" list! Ben built the framing for our new shower in the master bath. We decided to do half walls and then glass at the top so it's not so enclosed. So basically, I can be putting my make-up on, look to the right and Ben is hanging all out in the shower. (Insert mental picture, I know!)

I also got to see the new lighting in the living room that the electrician ran. Ben got all "fancy" and got the dimmers ;) There was no lighting in the living room and now we have 4 recessed lights.

Ben also framed out my closet. We extended my side of the master closet into the closet that was for the guest room and built new closets for the guest room.


In wedding news...I had my first dress fitting today!! My friend Stacy went with me right after Christmas to try it on for the first time and then today was the first fitting. Since I got a custom fit dress (my top and bottom were way different sizes - ha!), they are just having to "tweek" it, BUT it's alot of tweeking to make it fit perfectly! I didn't realize how many fittings I'd have to go to, but I'll be back at LaRaine's next week for my second fitting!!

BTW - I LOVE LaRaine's Bridal in the Highlands in Atlanta! GREAT customer service ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment