Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Whole30...Day 2

Day two started off decent...

We got up and did a work-out then Ben made us eggs & bacon (sugar free bacon which is not easy to find!).

I normally have my coffee with a flavored cream - I mean, who turns down sweetness in the morning?!? Since that is clearly a "no" during Whole30, I decided to try what they recommend....add coconut milk.  Lets just say, I was NOT a fan. I tried for like 5 sips and then my stomach started hurting. It looked like oil was floating on the top of my coffee - YES, I stirred the coconut oil.

I started getting hungry around 10:30 but held off until around 12 and had left overs from the night before. It was tasty and I was full.  Ben felt the same way with his leftovers until I called him and he was starving and headed to the grocery store to pick up approved Larabars to snack on.  We are eating more protein than we did beforehand BUT it's that we "can't" eat sweets, etc that is making us hungry!

Ben also got a bad headache during the day. This is apparently "normal". I got a small one but nothing too terrible.

I got home and started feeding Deacon and cooked peas and tried a few to make sure they weren't too hot and BOOM....these were not compliant - oops! Do I need to start over?!?! Well, since I seriously only ate 5 and it was for the good of not burning my babies mouth I decided to press on.  (Ben did give me the stank eye when I told him about it!)

For dinner we had a YUMMY carne asada that I will make again and again. I bought a large one so we would have leftovers for lunch the next day.  I steamed some green beans to go with it and dinner was delicious.

Ben has a meeting tomorrow night and I wanted to make sure he could eat something compliant before he leaves for his meeting so I whipped up Day 3's dinner and put in the fridge. I also decided to prep breakfast for the next morning. Lets just say I basically was in the kitchen for the majority of the time I was home and was not happy by the time I went to bed.

The grumpiness is starting to set in...

No comments:

Post a Comment