Saturday, September 12, 2015

Whole30...Day 5

So...that whole crockpot chili recipe I put together the night before...well, I forgot to take it out of the fridge and turn on but for some reason I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and remembered. I jumped up and put it on high so it would be done before Ben left.

Day 5 was on a Friday and since I don't work on Fridays, I was able to get an ice chest of food ready for Ben to take to Guard. His usual guard food is basically hot pockets, Arbys, something fried, etc.  I packed him the no-mayo chicken salad for him to eat on the way down for dinner and then two servings of chili. I also packed him several bananas and Larabars to live off of for the weekend.

Ben made us a fried egg in the morning using a "different" method.  I have no idea what he did but it was tasty.  For lunch, Ben went to a sandwich shop that slices the meat and got a sandwich without the bun - basically, a salad. I decided to eat the chicken salad that I made the night before.  Took one bite and spit it out. So I had a Larabar and a banana...

For dinner I had the chili and it was delicious! I will definitely make it again even when we aren't doing Whole30. Ben had the chicken salad and didn't hate it as much as I did but I don't think he'll be begging me to make it again.

EDIT since original post: I made the chili again and it was not that good. Maybe we were just really hungry since it was during our first week of Whole30.


No comments:

Post a Comment