Sunday, October 4, 2015

Whole30...Day 26

Well, it's Friday... Usually when I'm at home on Fridays its hard to not "munch"....

My life was changed on Friday morning. Ben had found this coconut water at the beginning of our journey that he liked. The other day he brought home the coffee version of the coconut water. I saved it until I would be home so if I liked it, I could savor it. Oh....did I like it!! It was delicious. I discovered though that it's better drinking out of the bottle instead of putting in a coffee mug. I tried the coffee mug to make me feel "cooler" drinking it, but it felt like I was just drinking cold coffee.

Since the weekend was going to be full, I knew I needed to make the grocery list and go grocery shopping. One thing was different this week though...I had to figure out the "reintroduction" days because we get done with our 30 days next week!!!  I "carefully" counted, made the grocery list and then for some reason, I started doubting my counting. I recounted and figured out that we end on TUESDAY and not Wednesday.  I made a few adjustments to our meal schedule and off Deacon and I went to the store.

Once I got home, I realized it was 2 p.m. and I hadn't eaten lunch. I warmed up my left overs and I was good to go.

After I ate and Deacon napped, I started prepping dinner in stages...

  • boil & shred the chicken
  • prepped and boiled the sweet potatoes
The main items were done. Now I just need to put the "Mexican Soup" together.  Lets be real, this was not a mexican soup. It was more like a Thai soup with lots of curry and chili flakes. It was definitely the most flavorful meal we have had and honestly, I would make again but just use half the curry and chili flakes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment