Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Whole30...Day29

I can't believe it. This is the week when our 30 day journey "ends". It's crazy. We will begin reintroduction phase on Wednesday but for Monday (today), I will be excited about accomplishing the 30 days.

Ben pretty much wakes up dreaming about the end of Whole30 - only two days left.

Today was a big step for me....
I had to pick up a cookie cake at Great American Cookie Co. Normally when I run errands like that for work, I will buy Ben and I a cookie to take home to have later. Lets be real, I will buy three cookies. I will eat one then and then eat one with Ben after dinner.  Today, I resisted. It wasn't painful but the thought of "oh, I'm not getting Ben and I a cookie" did cross my mind.

The girls on our team had a lunch outing to welcome back Jamie from maternity leave. Her choice....cheese dip. We headed to Tin Lizzy's and a big ole order of queso and their yummy chips were sitting in front of me. I honestly wasn't tempted - which is strange.  For lunch, I had basic fajitas without the tortillas. It was tasty.
Accomplishment: I survived Tin Lizzy's without the queso....

For dinner, I made Chicken cacciatore from the Whole30 blog/recipe book. I normally don't cook chicken that not in breast form, but Ben likes dark meat, so I decided to make it.  He liked it and I thought it was ok. Flavors were good, I just have a hard time eating not fried chicken especially if it's not a breast.

Ben had to run to Publix to pick up something for dinner the following night. While he was there, he picked me up my new obsession - coconut water coffee. He also picked up some more dates as well as prunes. We haven't ventured into prunes but he wanted to try. He read the ingredients and saw one he wasn't sure about and was about to eat anyway and I ripped him. I mean really, you have ONE day left, get it together!  He researched and decided he would wait.  I mean, come on. You have made it 29 days without putting anything in your body that you didn't know what it was so just wait 1 more day.

When we got to bed, I said....only 1 more day!

No comments:

Post a Comment